This is a basic kale salad recipe which as a basic can be enjoyed in many ways. It can be an accompaniment to a main meal, a light lunch or bulk it up with potatoes, rice or quinoa.
Here are a few little facts about the marvellous green warrior:
- Rich in Calcium: 1 portion (80g) of cooked kale contains 120mg!!
- Great source of folate, the naturally occurring form of folic acid in food. (Folic acid: rich in Vitamin B, supports a healthy functioning immune system)
- Super high in fibre (keeps you regular!)
- Rich in the Lutein: for optimal eye health (you’ll have vision like a hawk!)
- Rich in Vitamin A: good skin and vision
- More Vitamin C than carrots! (17 times more, gram for gram in fact)
- Excellent source of Vitamin K: normal blood clotting and maintaining normal bones
This recipe contains lots of healthy plant-based protein, good carbs and healthy fats; it’s absolutely delicious and I hope you enjoy it 🙂
- 200g Uncooked Kale
- 1 Lime
- 1 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 Tbsp Tamari (or Soy Sauce)
- roasted and cubed sweet potato, cooked rice or cooked quinoa
- linseeds, sunflower seeds and/ or pine nuts
- In a bowl mix together the juice of the lime, the tahini and tamari. Stir until it makes a paste.
- Pour mix over the kale and with hands massage the dressing into the kale until it wilts and is fully covered.
- Mix in your extras such as sweet potato, rice or quinoa and top with some seeds and rasins.