My. Oh. My. I am in LOVE with these Chocolate Cashew Bars; I can not tell you how many times I have made them. They are so easy to make and have hardly any ingredients in them at all. The one problem is, my Mum loves them even more than I do and always pinches them off me. Cheeky Cheeky. Although it does keep her from munching all the biscuits!!
I found a recipe from Unprocessyourfood on Instagram which I adapted slightly for my own preference. I change it every now and then, depending on what I am fancying that week. I have done it with a few more dates, with and without cinnamon, blended it for less time so its more of a crumbly/ dry bar. It is all preference and that’s why I love simple recipes; so easy to adapt to what you like.
These bars are perfect for afternoon snacks to keep you going during the energy slump most of us endure around 3-4pm. They have slow release carbohydrates and protein to keep you full until dinner time but also a healthy hit of sugar to give you some energy and put a smile on your face, and your belly ( Hello? Chocolate!!).
I hope you enjoy 🙂
- 1 1/2 Cup Cashews
- 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 6 Dates (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup (honey if not vegan)
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- Dark Chocolate Chips (vegan or non-vegan)
- Flaked Almonds
- Pinch Sea Salt
- Blend oats, cashews and sea salt in food processor
- Add dates, cinnamon and honey and blend until a cookie dough texture
- Press onto a lined baking tray and top with dark chocolate chips and flaked almonds (you can use chopped nuts of any kind, they would also be good).
- Leave to set overnight in the fridge and then enjoy (alternatively, keep in freezer for an hour and then remove to enjoy).