With the grey and wet weather we have been having the past few days I thought it would be appropriate to share a warming, creamy sweet potato soup recipe with you all, because lets be honest, days like these just call for a big bowl of hot soup and chunky freshly baked bread.
Soup is such a simple food but so satisfying. It is also one of the easiest foods to make out there, is perfect for getting in lots of veggies and is also great for putting into a flask and taking out with you on outdoor adventures, to work, to school, or wherever you may be going.
The recipe is a simple and satisfying but if you want to bulk it up a bit without adding bread, why not try adding in some extra cooked veggies or beans for added texture and protein. Rice in soup is also an awesome combo if you ever fancy trying that 😉
Enjoy however you like, go crazy, and let’s get into that recipe 🙂
- 1 large sweet potato
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 stalk of celery
- 200ml can of coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1tbsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp rice vinegar
- 1tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- salt & pepper
- Dice celery, garlic and onion and then sauté in large pan
- After 3-5 minutes add in chopped and peeled carrots, sweet potato, smoked paprika, rice vinegar and mixed herbs, stirring all together
- Allow these all to cook for a couple of minutes before adding in tomato purée, coconut milk and boiling water (enough to cover and cook the vegetables).
- Allow to cook for about 30 minutes, until carrots and sweet potato are soft.
- Once cooked blend all together to make a soup, add in salt and pepper to taste. (if soup is too thick for you, here’s the time to top up with some boiling water, if desired).
- Enjoy 🙂