In the past few years I have seen so many recipes for healthy chocolate brownies using black beans, therefore I went and bought some… However that was about three months ago and they hadn’t been touched. This weekend however, I finally decided to go ahead and make them to see what they were like. I can honestly say, I should not have waited so long and I think I am going to say… That this probably my favourite recipe yet !! Honestly, they are so good and you’d never know that they were good for you. They taste incredible !!
I always do a taste test on my mum because she is so fussy and never wants to try my food if she knows the ingredients, therefore I just give it to her to taste and not tell her till afterwards what the ingredients are. For these brownies she had no idea the ingredients apart from chocolate lol so that’s got to be a good sign right??
These bad boys will keep your cravings at bay with it’s naughty and delicious taste but also because of the protein content it will help fill a hole and leave you more than satisfied!
Go on, give them a try. These I can promise you, you will NOT be disappointed.
- 1 can, rinsed black beans
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 7 tbsp chocolate protein powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (honey if not vegan)
- 3 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F/ Gas mark 4.
- Blend together all ingredients, except chocolate chips, in a high speed quality blender (I always use my Nutribullet).
- Once a smooth batter, mix in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a small lined/ greased baking tray (roughly 8×8 size).
- Bake for 16 minutes.
- Once removed leave to cool and refrigerate overnight before cutting into 10 deliciously amazing chocolate brownies.
- Serve and enjoy !!!