Peanut butter and Chocolate, the perfect combo and high in protein too! If you are a peanut butter addict like myself you will love these Protein Cookies.
Not your normal protein cookie snack but these you can easily make yourself and save yourself some money!! No added sugars or oils like standard protein snacks, all ingredients are whole and natural so you can enjoy them without consuming the rubbish of an overpriced store brought version.
I recommend using 100% natural peanut butter because most store bought butters contain added oil and sugar which isn’t necessary, especially when most of the time it’s eaten with some thing sweet anyway.
Almond butter is a healthier alternative to Peanut butter as it contains high levels of Vitamin E, an antioxidant which rid the body of toxins! Almond butter is however more expensive so for using in large quantities either shop around or stick to peanut.
Originally a Tone It Up – Karina and Katrina recipe but I’ve adapted it slightly.
- 2.5 Cups Oats
- 1/2 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup (honey if not vegan)
- 4 tbsp Raw Cacao (or unsweetened cocoa)
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein
- On a low heat, combine almond milk, peanut butter, honey and cacao.
- Turn of heat and immediately add in oats, coconut and protein, stirring and combining all together.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Using your hands take small pieces of the mixture, form into little balls and then flatten into cookie shapes on the tray (be careful it might be a bit hot!).
- Refrigerate and enjoy whenever you like!