I have made these Raw Chocolate Brownies time and time again as it is so amazing ! They are pure guilt free chocolate heaven and contain just 5 ingredients; I am all about quick and easy recipes. What i also love is that you can chop and change the toppings to your own liking, here i have used desiccated coconut and chia seeds (my favourite so far) but i have also tried crushed hazelnuts and plain ones too.
My pictures are not spectacular as i have no professional equipment at the moment so rely on my good old iphone and lighting, which is not great when the weather is grey and gloomy in lovely England. I want to try this recipe time and time again, adding different toppings and even to sandwich between the layers, i am thinking strawberries, raspberries or peanut butter… I am sure there will be a recipe up again where i try these out!
Before you go ahead and try this recipe make sure you have a shallow rectangular tray (like one you put your chips on and then put in the oven) as i tried the recipe without one and it wasn’t as easy. Also i only like to make a small batch of these at a time (i make four big ones) which fills half a tray, reason being is that i like to keep them fresh because of the avocado and i can’t eat a full tray full in just a short space of time, as good as they are!! If i had someone to share them with them of course i would double the ingredients i use and make a full trays worth (8).
I use a Nutribullet for all my recipes as it is quick, efficient and awesome. If you have a Vitamix then i am jealous, but you can of course use that. If you have a general blender it may take longer to blend up the nuts and dates to the desired consistency (a dough ball) but i am not sure as i have never tried. Or, try a food processor as this would probably be a lot more efficient.
Now lets get on to the ingredients so you can try out these beauties. You will not be disappointed 🙂
- 1 cup Hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup Pitted Dates
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Honey (or agave if vegan)
- 1/2 medium Avocado
- Add nuts to blender and blend until fully grounded.
- Add in dates, half of the honey and just over half of the cocoa powder. Keep blending, stopping and stirring (as it sticks to sides and prevent overheating). Keep blending until its a fairly sticky, slightly wet consistency.
- Line tray with parchment paper and press ‘dough’ into your tray evenly.
- Put all remaining ingredients into processor/blender to make chocolatey paste then spread on top of entire ‘dough’.
- Cut into 8 rectangles then add one half on top of the other.
- Garnish with crushed hazelnuts (chia seeds or coconut)
- Enjoy 🙂
- You must ensure the dough is blended enough and slightly oily when spread onto the tray because otherwise when spreading the avocado layer on top the brownie base will crumble and be a disaster!! (Yes, i did this… I managed to just about save it but it wasn’t fun)
- If i have confused you at all, leave a comment and i will try to help 🙂
- Have an awesome day!!