A Fully Raw Lemon and Lime Cheesecake to make everyone happy!! These are absolutely beautiful and I am so happy I found this little cupcake tray which has push out sections because it made getting the cheesecakes out so easy!! They take time and preparation to make and you need a decent food processor to combine all the ingredients!! Prepare the nuts the night before and then you need to wait a few hours for the cheesecake to set so this is not for those wanting a cheesecake in a hurry!! However once made you can have them whenever you like 😛
Above is a cheeky tip I learnt from ‘Minimalist Baker’ and who I slightly adapted the recipe from 🙂 Thank you!
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 cup Dates (Soaked for ten minutes then drained)
- 1.5 cups Cashews (soaked overnight!)
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup + 2tbsp Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 juiced Lemon
- 1/2 juiced Lime
- Before you do any food prep, lightly grease a 12 slot muffin tin with coconut oil and cut strips of parchment paper to pop into each case (like photo above), this helps the cheesecakes out once frozen.
- All done, now add soaked/ drained dates to a food processor and blend until it forms a ball (or sticks to the sides of the blender, depending on your blender). Set aside in a bowl.
- Add almonds to the blender and blend into a flour consistency. Once done, pop your blended dates back into the processor and blend again until it forms a sticky ball.
- Now all sticky and lovely, press 1tbsp of dough into each slot covering all the base.
- Add all other ingredients for the cheesecake part into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Here you can have a little taste test and adjust to your liking if needed. If all is okay, spoon in the mixture into each slot and top with chopped berries or have plain if you prefer.
- Once all this is done smoothly, pop into the freezer until set. I eat them from frozen but if you prefer you can wait 10 minutes for them to soften a bit but always keep in the freezer to prevent them from melting.
- Soaking the cashews is essential as it makes them far easier to blend!!
- Nutritional information is not worked out or added because they are healthy and nutritious so you can enjoy happily.
- Please enjoy and share with friends and family 🙂