Raw vegan carrot cake cupcakes? Yaaaaaay !!
So, I have made a couple of batches of these cupcakes to try and get the consistency more cakey, however I have come to the realisation that they’ll never quite be a cupcake consistency as they are raw of course, and carrot pulp is wet, therefore I’m working towards something that can not be achieved whilst keeping the taste on point.
I’m sharing this recipe with you because for me they taste awesome, they’re a healthy and delicious alternative to regular carrot cake and although not quite a “cupcake” texture, they look like a cupcake and they taste lovely regardless, ha ha!
I hope you can enjoy them too so let’s get into the recipe.
(Makes 5-6 Cupcakes)
NOTE: This recipe involves juicing carrots. If you do not have a juicer try blending the carrots first in a food processor or blender and then use a muslin cloth to strain as much juice out as you can.
Carrot Cake Base
- 1 Cup Carrot Pulp (roughly 3 large carrots juiced)
- 1/2 Cup Soft Sticky Dates
- 1/2 Cup Pecans
- 3 Tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Cup Cashews (soaked either overnight or 6-8 hours)
- 3 Soft Sticky Dates
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 Cup Coconut water
Carrot Cake Base
- Start by juicing roughly 3 large carrots, this will give you a cup of carrot pulp.
- Add carrot pulp into food processor with all other ingredients and combine into cakey mixture
- Spoon into cupcake cases (makes 5-6 large cupcakes or more if making smaller ones)
- Soak cashews in water overnight or for 6-8 hours and then drain off all water.
- Put into food processor with all other ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon and spread onto cupcakes (you will have more than enough frosting so you could always save the extra for more cupcakes, morning oats or anything else you may like to have it with!).
Leave to refrigerate overnight, then enjoy !!