Sometimes all we want to eat is a big bowl of creamy pasta and I am here to give you that option with no guilt in sight and a recipe that is packed full of creamy deliciousness! Did you know that cashews could be made into a “cheese”? Sounds crazy but it’s true. Cashew alfredo sauce is a much healthier alternative to regular alfredo; it remains creamy, delicious and the cashews add a slight sweetness to the dish also.
The versatility to this dish is great so I have given you the recipe to a basic alfredo sauce but do feel free to add a fresh raw salad with it or some cooked veggies too. It’s quick and easy to make so try it for yourself and enjoy with no guilt at all 🙂
- 2 Medium sized Potatoes
- 1/2 White Onion
- 1/2 Cup Cashews
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Coriander (or 1 tbsp. dried herbs of choice)
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
This sauce is enough for 2 large portions so cook pasta accordingly, (or save a portion for the next day).
- Put on pasta to cook
- Whilst the pasta cooks boil your potatoes and onion until cooked (should be about 10-15minutes)
- Remove potatoes and onion from pan and keep the stock
- Put ALL ingredients into a blender along with 1 cup of the stock left over from the potatoes and onion (add more if you want a thinner sauce)
- Blend all ingredients together and you have your sauce!!
- Voila! Pour over pasta and devour 🙂