This dish is perfect for when you have no fresh food in the house but still want a healthy and filling meal. It’s easy to make and is cooked start to finish in just 10 minutes. Minimal effort required and minimal washing up too.
Many people say that they don’t have time for cooking healthy meals but this simple recipe shows that you can have healthy quick food that requires no fuss at all. You can also use the base of this recipe as a pasta sauce for any future meals and just add different vegetables into it and/ or beans, lentils etc to make a variation of the dish.
Most jarred sauces contain added sugars, oils, salt and preservatives which just aren’t necessary for your body. Making sauces yourself is so much cheaper, more delicious and a lot healthier too. Get creative and step away from them jars !!
Also, did you know that frozen vegetables are frozen within hours of being picked? This means that they can contain more nutrients than when we buy our vegetables “fresh” from the supermarket. When we buy fresh vegetables from supermarkets they may have taken up to a month before they arrived on the shelf and then days before you’ve bought and eaten them! This means that in that time they’ve slowly deteriorated and lost some of the vitamins and antioxidents they had at the time of picking. The point is, frozen veg isn’t as bad as some people may think and it can be healthier too.
So let’s get into the recipe and I hope you enjoy!
(Makes 1 portion)
- 150g Pasta (Any pasta you like, linguine and fettuccine is my fav!)
- 280g Passata
- 1/2 tsp Tahini
- 1 tsp Dried Coriander (can substitute for favourite herb/s)
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Tamari (can substitute for Soy Sauce)
- 1/4 Red Onion
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 + 1/2 Cups Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- Chilli powder
- Pine nuts and Seeds sprinkled on top
- Nutritional Yeast – cheesy flavour and vitamin B12
- Add ALL ingredients into a pan (no oil needed) and simmer for ten minutes
- At the same time cook your pasta. Both will be cooked in 10 minutes.
- DONE ! 😀