I am someone who very much sticks to what they like and will continue having the same food over and over until I get bored of it. Today I thought I would try something different and I absolutely love it; you will continue to see this post on my Instagram feed for a while I’m sure.
Pear in oats is something that isn’t knew but it is such a nice subtle sweetness to the oats and as they are a soft fruit, compared to apple for example, they cook really well when left in chunks.
The caramel sauce is a newbie for me but it worked really well and adds a delicious sweetness to the oats. This sauce could be used for raw desserts also, the combination of caramel and chocolate is an absolute winner!
Lets get into the recipe and I hope you enjoy 🙂
For the Porridge:
- 3/4 cup Oats
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 Pear – peeled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1 heaped tbsp. Raw Cacao
- 2 tbsp. Frozen Raspberries
- 3-4 Dates
- 1 level tbsp. Tahini
- 3 tbsp. Boiled Water
- Mash the banana and then put all the porridge ingredients into a sauce pan with boiling water and cook over a low heat.
- Whilst this is cooking chop the dates and put the caramel sauce ingredients into a small frying pan.
- Mash together the dates, tahini and water with a fork over the lowest heat, until well combined.
- Once the caramel is all ready (approx. 1 minute), turn off the heat and set aside.
- Continue to cook the oats until ready, then top off the oats with the sauce.