Hello Hello 🙂
I’ve been making batches of raw vegan carrot cake cupcakes recently because it is just what I fancied and sometimes I fancy something sweet but not chocolate? For the cream topping I used this recipe and it is so delicious and moreish!
Cashew nuts are one of the most versatile wonder foods of a vegan diet and I absolutely love them. Cashew nuts have a softer texture than most nuts and a slightly sweet taste which make them perfect for creating healthy alternatives to your non-vegan foods. My favourite uses for them are most definitely raw vegan cheesecake, cheese pasta sauce (i.e. alfredo, mac and cheese) and cashew cream. But also you could try cashew milk, blended in creamy soups and vegan cheese.
Try this recipe as not only a cake frosting but also with fresh fruits (strawberries and cream! Yum.), filled into dates or even spooned onto your morning oats too.
It’s sweet and creamy and you will most definitely be tempted to eat it with a spoon too! So lets get into the recipe so you can enjoy it too !!
- 1 Cup Cashews (soaked either overnight or 6-8 hours)
- 3 Soft Sticky Dates
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 Cup Coconut water
- Soak cashews in water either overnight or 6-8 hours.
- Once soaked, drain off all water from cashews.
- Add cashews into a high speed blender or food processor with dates, fresh lemon juice and coconut water.
- Blend until smooth creamy consistency.
Eat however you choose!
Store in the fridge.